This is part three of the Google Ads Audit tutorial. We'll look at Ad Group Performance in the Data Studio. We'll also be utilizing Google Sheets/Excel and Google Slides to export the data and analyze our findings.
This is where we take a deep dive into low-performing campaigns or outstanding winners.
1. Click on Ad Group Performance and confirm the correct date.
2. Use the snipping tool to help copy and paste this graphic onto the Analysis page.
4. Share the link for the spreadsheet.
5. Link the spreadsheet to the header Analysis so it can be viewed by the client as well. We will be making some interpretations of the data.
5. In the spreadsheet, add a sort range by cost.
7. Find the client's account in All Campaigns and click on Ads and Extensions, then search the ad ID.
This is a good one – a high click-through-rate (CTR). I’m happy with this.
8. Grab the client ID, then text and paste it into the Analysis report page.
9. On the Ad Group Performance Analysis, input the Ad ID and add in any major metrics. For example, this 14 percent CTR is noted.
That's how you set up Ad Group Performance, which is very helpful for both the campaign manager as well as the client.
Part four will look at Ad and Keyword Analysis.
Shorten your learning curve, make the most of your resources, an maximize your impact both online and off.
Ted is the founder of TGQ Marketing a PPC, Analytics and CRO agency focused on client results.