Part seven of the Google Ads Audit tutorial looks at Ad Position and Keywords.
This section is helpful in explaining budget constraints or investigating search impression share.
1. Go into Data Studio Report as in previous sections.
1. Take a screenshot.
3. Paste it into the Ad Position Analysis report page.
4. Retrieve the analysis portion of the Data Studio Report and confirm the date is correct.
6. Sort the data by cost.
The click-through-rate (CTR) and the costs are front and center. These are our top keywords.
7. Link and share the data so the client can go over it as well.
8. Review the top keywords. For example, I see the ‘social media marketing for accountants’ is an interesting keyword and we are achieving a lot of impression share.
9. List the top keywords under the Analysis header.
Simple and straightforward, but ad position becomes more important as the client wants a specific keyword or wants to rank above a competitor.
Part eight will dive into Audiences Report.
Shorten your learning curve, make the most of your resources, an maximize your impact both online and off.
Ted is the founder of TGQ Marketing a PPC, Analytics and CRO agency focused on client results.