This is part five of the Google Ads Audit tutorial. We'll look at Responsive Search Ad Analysis in the Data Studio.
I'll be utilizing the Data Studio report and analyzing the details and numbers in Google Sheets/Excel & Google Slides.
This segment is important for ensuring Google Ads have click-through rates as well as making recommendations on improvement strategies. We want ads to feature excellent ad scores.
1. Grab the RSA Analysis.
2. Go to the RSA and click the RSA Breadth Recommendation flags – instructions are available on how to set this up.
3. Then click on Ads and there will be several columns of data. The headlines and columns will pop up: Ad IDs, Ad Strength, Clicks, Conversions, Cost.
4. It can be filtered for Ad Type.
These ‘excellents’ across the board are great to see. We sort it by cost, since that’s important.
These are expensive keywords, but the quality score is superior. The click through rates (CTR) are positive on the most expensive products. We are likely getting crazy search terms from this.
6. Open the sheet. This is the Ad Report. Remove the headlines and descriptions, since the Ad ID header is in place.
7. Grab the rest of the data and copy it.
8. Paste the copy data into the RSA Analysis.
9. Now sort the data by cost.
The picture is clear now on how these ads are performing. We are able to improve on the responsive search ads. For example, I would say ‘marketing for accounting, try including more keywords in the headlines.’ These two are labelled and highlighted as ads to focus on.
10. Copy the highlighted data and paste it into the RSA Analysis report.
11 Some of the top ads can be captured as a screenshot for the client to get a visual. We can look at the top combinations as well.
That's how the RSA and Click-Through-Rate Performance audit is done.
Part six will go through the audit of Landing Pages.
Shorten your learning curve, make the most of your resources, an maximize your impact both online and off.
Ted is the founder of TGQ Marketing a PPC, Analytics and CRO agency focused on client results.