Google Ads Audit Household Income Analysis (Part 16 Tutorial 2022)
Google Ads Audit Overview:
This is part 16 in our Google Ads Audit tutorial series where we will deep dive into Household Insights.
We'll use Google UI to collect and organize the data and utilize Google Sheets/Excel and Google Slides to further analyze and cement our findings.
This data can be solid grounding for doing bid adjustments, exclusions or including promotions.
1. Go into Google Ads UI. Find Search Campaigns, then to Demographics and Household Income.
Screenshot the top chart and copy.
2. Paste it into the Household Analysis report page.
3. Next, download the initial Household Income table and chart for the desired date range.
4. The report is now displayed in Google Sheets. Create a Bid Adjustment column.
5. Sort by cost – low to high.
6. Remove these headlines/categories.
Here is the Ad Groups demographics. Some unknown incomes here are spending the most money. We can do bid adjustments on this. I’ll input -5 for these, but for well-performing incomes, we filter by conversions. Do the lowest cost per conversion and bid it up.
7. Highlight and copy the top few incomes.
8. Go to Google Ads Editor, then hit Make Multiple Changes and paste. Now click Process, then Finish and Review Changes.
9. Under Accounting, Unknown and Bookkeeper, it’s -5, so we’ll hit Keep and then Post.
10. Share and copy the link to the initial UI report.
11. Now under Analysis (after it has been linked to the report), we’ll say “Unknown and lower 50% spending the most." Also, "performed bid adjustments."
And that is Household Income Analysis.
This tutorial series continues with the next audit focusing on Parental Status.
Need Some Help With Your Google Ads?
Shorten your learning curve, make the most of your resources, an maximize your impact both online and off.