This is part six of the Google Ads Audit tutorial. We'll look at Landing Pages and once again we'll be using the Data Studio report. Different conversion rate optimization(CRO) metrics will also be discussed.
We also need the Data studio connector for Google Analytics for this section.
This an ideal way to determine how clients are performing on the landing page. We just review the data sorted by cost – no heat map.
1. Go to the Landing Page Google Analytics Studio Report and screenshot it. It is a perfect representation and visual of the data. Highlight the top and use the snippet tool to grab the info.
2. Paste into the Landing Page Performance Analysis. We’ll add the header 'Analysis’ so we can add to it later.
3. Go back to the Landing Page data and make sure the date range is correct.
5. Share and link the Sheet.
6. Now the data can be sorted by cost.
Looking at the bounce rate, it’s interesting that people are remaining on the page for extended times. I did another sort for ‘Average Time on Page.’ It can be customized by preference and importance. The average time people stay on the page seems to be two minutes.
7. Going to the Analysis page, we can say "users stay on the page for two minutes."
8. Landing Page Performance is where I talk about the competition. Link the title first, so it can be shared. Also, I take the landing page from the competition, copy and paste it.
Then I take the client’s landing page and copy/paste it right next to the competition for comparison. I think it needs more white space.
I was also interested in seeing how fast the competition’s landing page loaded. I went into the Google Page speed score because it’s an insightful addition for the client.
The score of 83 is very fast. One of the fastest I’ve seen.
That google analytics page should be highlighted and included in the Overview page that we discussed earlier.
This is why we do these analyses because there can be game changers that need to be addressed, but that is how we do an audit of the Landing Pages using Google Analytics.
Part seven will review Google Ads Audit Ad Position.
Shorten your learning curve, make the most of your resources, an maximize your impact both online and off.
Ted is the founder of TGQ Marketing a PPC, Analytics and CRO agency focused on client results.