Google Ads Audit Devices Analysis (Part 10 Tutorial 2022)
Google Ads Audit Overview:
We now get into part 10 of the Google Ads Audit tutorial with a focus on Devices.
The Data Studio report will help us capture the visuals while Google Sheets/Excel and Google Slides will assist with analyzing the data. We'll dig into bid adjustments on computer, table and mobile devices to help jumpstart campaign conversions.
1. Let’s go to the Devices Overview Report page and set the date range for 14 days (customizable).
It’s clear from this chart data that conversions are mostly on computers.
2. Copy the data chart and paste it into the Analysis Report.
3. We can do device modifications, so Export the Devices report data to Google Sheets.
4. Go to Ad Accounts Maintenance Checklist. Find Devices and click on Sample report.
5. Grab or highlight the three headings: Level, Bid Adjustment and Target CPA. Hit copy.
6. Paste them into the Google spreadsheet. There’s no target CPA yet, but if there is one, sort it by cost.
7. Hit Filter, then Clear – we’ll look at the zero-cost subjects first and then do a negative on them. For example, the target CPA is $30 and we’ve already spent $37, so we do a bid adjustment of -10. It’s not scientific.
We can observe/review data that has a high/low cost per acquisition as well.
8. Go into All Conversions, and tap Select All under Filter By Values.
Then under the Data header, find the Sort Range and sort by cost/conversion (low to high).
These are simply zero cost per conversions. Now we can make all the bid adjustments 30.
9. Now under All Conversions, select all once again, and filter out blanks.
10. Go to Search Campaigns, then Campaigns and find Devices. Then click All Campaigns.
11. Sort this data by costs. Hit All Conversions, less than 0.1.
These are zero conversion devices. The costs are expensive on some of these devices.
12. Go into Change Bid Adjustments and decrease by 10 percent, hit apply.
This is a lot of spend.
13. Share and link the Google Spreadsheet.
Then link it to the Analysis title on the Analysis page. Under this heading, I wrote, “computers have a lot of spend and low conversions."
And that's how to tackle the Devices section of the Google Ads Audit.
Part 11 of this tutorial will take us through the Age Analysis.
Need Some Help With Your Google Ads?
Shorten your learning curve, make the most of your resources, an maximize your impact both online and off.