In part 15 in our Google Ads Audit tutorial series we will tackle Gender Insights.
We'll use Data Studio Report to collect and organize the data and utilize Google Sheets/Excel and Google Slides to further analyze and pick out some insights.
This data can be the basis for bid adjustments, exclusions or different promotions.
1. Go to the Gender Overview report; confirm the date range (I’m doing 14 days).
2. Screenshot and copy the overview chart.
3. Paste into the Gender Analysis page.
5. Sort the data by Cost.
6. Here I added the headers, Level and Bid Adjustment and fixed the formula for the fields. We can put -5 for the bid adjustments.
Then hit Make Multiple Changes and then paste. Tap Process. Then hit Finish and Review Changes. Then Post the data.
8. Share and copy the link for the Google spreadsheet.
9. Link the spreadsheet report to the Analysis header.
10. My insight under Analysis reads: “Undetermined and male gender are spending the most.”
Gender Analysis is complete.
This tutorial series continues with the next audit which details Household Income Analysis.
Shorten your learning curve, make the most of your resources, an maximize your impact both online and off.
Ted is the founder of TGQ Marketing a PPC, Analytics and CRO agency focused on client results.