Google Ads Audit Hour Analysis (Part 12 Tutorial 2022)
Google Ads Audit Overview:
This is part 12 in our Google Ads Audit tutorial series where we review Hour Analysis.
We'll use Data StudioReport, Google Sheets/Excel and Google Slides to help collect and analyze the data. This can be used to perform bid adjustments, exclusions, and campaign strategy changes. Also, much of the campaign management can be automated through Google Script so it can be adjusted monthly.
1. Go into the Overview Report under Data Studio for the Hour of Day.
2. Choose the date range. The more data the better, but I’m doing 14 days.
3. Screenshot the data for the visuals.
4. Copy and paste it into the Analysis Report.
5. Go back and export the Overview to Google Sheets as in previous modules.
6. Now Sort the data by Cost. We want to see the biggest cost subjects here. This is in military time; it’s Eastern.
Take a look and determine what are the most expensive times. I would do bid adjustments on these top ones. This is a visual cue.
Now you will need to update the spreadsheet, which has the script of the 24/7 bidder. If it’s not here, then go to the Ad Account Maintenance Checklist.
7. Click on Master Scripts.
From there, go down to the bottom and click 24/7 Bid Multiplier.
Copy the blue highlighted text.
Go back to the account, then go to Scripts.
Click 24/7 Bid Multiplier, create new script.
And paste it in here.
Once that is in place, make sure this spreadsheet has changed.
8. Typically, you will have to make a copy.
Name it, and then copy the link of the newly created spreadsheet. Then paste it in here.
This spreadsheet is showing the days along with the hours of the day.
With this data, we can use our insights listed on the Google Overview spreadsheet to do bid adjustments. It will perform hourly checks on these times forever and then do the bid adjustments.
At 9:00 AM on Tuesdays, it’s minus five and then again at 10:00 AM on Tuesdays, it’s minus 5. At 3:00 PM on Wednesday, it’s also minus 5 – not ideal.
Share and link this report with the client.
9. Go to the Script and crawl it. Click Preview and it will show it processing.
10. Go back to Scripts and make sure it’s running hourly. It will do those changes every hour.
11. Open the Hour of the Day spreadsheet and share it with the client.
12. Under Analysis, link the script and share your insight.
I wrote: “Tuesday mornings are the most expensive time of the week.”
And that's how you do the hour of the day analysis.
The next tutorial in this series will tackle Auction Insights.
Need Some Help With Your Google Ads?
Shorten your learning curve, make the most of your resources, an maximize your impact both online and off.