Google Ads Audit Auction Insights Analysis (Part 13 Tutorial 2022)
Google Ads Audit Overview:
This is part 13 in our Google Ads Audit tutorial series where we run through Auction Insights.
We'll use Data StudioReport, Google Sheets/Excel and Google Slides to help collect and analyze the data.
Auction insights can assist in determining whether new competitors have entered the market or signal if more research is needed.
1. Let’s go to Auction Insights overview report and look at the last two weeks. Screenshot this.
2. Paste into the Analysis report page for visuals.
3. Go back to the Overview report; we can see the percentages here.
4. Now I’m going to add Overlap Rate as that will be a valuable factor.
Go to the Edit tab on the top bar and search ‘overlap rate.’ It is now added on the far right-hand side of the chart.
5. Export the page to Google Sheets(make sure the date range is set).
Now in the Google spreadsheet, I’m going to sort this by the highest amount we’re overlapping. I’m going to hit Sort, Overlap Rate, then tap Z to A (high to low).
We are competing strongly with some of these businesses. This is extremely valuable information to have. I would definitely want to bring this to the attention of the client.
6. So, go to the Analysis page and list some of those top competitors from the spreadsheet. I’m inputing four and highlighting the main one, Bark.com. This is good for overall strategy. We can ask the question: how do we pivot knowing there is a big competitor in this space?
7. Share the link of the Google spreadsheet. Copy the link.
8. Link the spreadsheet to the Analysis header.
9. This is a detail I want to mark on the Overall Overview, under Ads.
10. Let’s go back to Auction Insights Analysis. Bark.com is the competitor with a tremendously fast website. It looks like a professional finding website, but we're competing with them.
And that’s Auction Insights set up. It allows us to get a clear picture of which businesses are overlapping and competing with the client.
The next tutorial in this series will tackle Location Analysis.
Need Some Help With Your Google Ads?
Shorten your learning curve, make the most of your resources, an maximize your impact both online and off.